Re: [scl.org] Announcing release for Vagrant 1.7.4 on CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 SCL

On 11/30/2015 04:47 PM, Robert Kratky wrote:
if the centos-release-scl-rh were to have a Provides: that matches
> >something that's also available from the RHSCL's setup, then this might
> >not be a problem; in an environ that has the RHSCL's setup, the content
> >will just come from there ( it will need some tracking etc, but
> >should'nt be too hard ).
> >
> >is there such an easy target that might be shared across the two venues ?
>
>This is not that easy, because RH packages don't use an RPM package for
>shipping repo file and key -- and there is probably no similar RPM that
>we could use.
>
>We can either create a separate a new RPM package with just sclo repo
>file and key or as already proposed before, something like this:
>* centos-release-scl-rh as now, no difference here
>* centos-release-scl-sclo, that ships repo file and key
>* centos-release-scl that requires both of the images above, but doesn't
>ship anything.
Either of these solutions seems good to me. Would it be hard to make it happen?

I've finally created a PoC of the new packages in copr, that are meant to be used on RHEL to install sclo-* collectoins. I think this may work better than trying to deliver the centos packages, because RHEL users wouldn't be able to install centos-release-scl -- this package is only available in centos-extras.

So, in order to get the sclo-* collections (vagrant right now), follow steps mentioned at:
https://github.com/sclorg/centos-release-scl

Let us know how that works for you, thanks!