Re: [scl.org] Self-introduction

On 01/25/2016 12:53 PM, Joe Orton wrote:
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:25:39PM +0100, Honza Horak wrote:
On 01/22/2016 05:08 PM, Jarek Polok wrote:
Hi all !

My name is Jarek Polok and I would be interested
joining sclo-sig for packaging SSO (Single Sign On)
related tools/modules:

  - mod_auth_mellon
  - shibboleth

I don't see shibboleth in Fedora so can't easily find what it means in
practice, but I expect it will be a library (Apache's module) and
potentially some other (config) files?

No it isn;t : that raises another question: would that be a candidate
for potential inclusion in Centos extras perhaps ? (it is actually
distributed via: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security://shibboleth/CentOS_7/x86_64/)

(it is little bit more complicated than httpd module alone: there is
a standalone daemon plus a bunch of supporting libraries, also not present in Fedora/RedHat)

We need to find out how to name that collection -- if we take it as a
collection that contains the additional modules that are not in httpd24,
could we use "sclo-httpd24"?

Joe, since you're responsible for the httpd24 SCL -- does something like
that make sense to you?

Hi Honza, Jarek,

We could do an sclo-httpd24, but I'd generally prefer to see the
creation of new collections specific to the tool/technology/whatever,
which ship a mod_foo package containing the mod_foo.so & httpd config
under httpd24's filesystem locations.  That's how we do it for mod_* for
language collections, and it seems to work pretty well.  jkaluza may
have a different opinion :)

I think that would be an option:

sclo-mod_auth_mellon

and