[scl.org] Building packages depending on SCL

Dmitry Makovey dmakovey at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 1 16:14:23 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 10:26 PM, Remi Collet wrote:
> Le 18/05/2016 à 18:20, Dmitry Makovey a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been building RPMs for a while, however SCL is a bit "new" to me.
>> I am trying to build an apache module for SCL apache version
>> (httpd24-httpd) . I have located documentation on how to proceed with
>> building SCL package from scratch, however I didn't come across any
>> information on building atop of existing packages, like in my case.
>> Any pointers (URLs etc.) will be deeply appreciated.
>
> In centos-sclo repository you already have 2 apache modules, you can
> probably have a look at (diffing with base package in Fedora/EPEL)
>
> https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/mod_auth_mellon/tree/sig-sclo7-sclo-httpd24more-sclo
>
> https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/mod_ruid2/tree/sig-sclo7-sclo-httpd24more-sclo

Hi Remi,

As per above links I've managed to cobble together my package just to
get it to build and deploy, however I just tuned it to build hardcoding
a lot of things. Now that I'm trying to refactor and clean up the SPEC
file I'm having problems like:

bash-4.1# rpmbuild -D 'scl=1' -ba webauth.spec
error: line 2: Unknown tag: %scl_package webauth

whole code is here:
https://gist.github.com/droopy4096/09ab4ff04de4481a28d9546bdab0ed34

Last revision ( http://tinyurl.com/h65k8ed ) is my "broken" attempt at
compliance with upstream practices (built with `rpmbuild -D 'scl=1' -ba
webauth.spec), whereas previous one ( http://tinyurl.com/hh8mxkv ) is a
"working" version (built with simple `rpmbuild -ba webauth.spec`)

I feel like rpmbuild invocation may need to be different or some macros
did not get populated properly. What did I miss?

--
Sr System and DevOps Engineer SoM IRT