[scl.org] New SCLo collection: git25 ?

Jarek Polok Jaroslaw.Polok at cern.ch
Fri Mar 4 10:28:58 UTC 2016

Hello list

Current rh collections contain git19 one and my
understanding is RH is not going to put a newer git
version in there anytime soon (?) ..

In our place we have received numerous user requests
to provide git at least version 2.X on 6 and 7
platforms. We have also recently deployed a GitLab
site-wide installation which would profit from
using git >= 2.0 client (my understanding is that
this concerns gc.autoDetach option which prevents
"slow pushes" when garbage collection happens)

Therefore I would like to propose to introduce

sclo-git25 collection for 6 and 7

I think it would be an useful addon - and if there
is some interest I would like to start working on
packaging ..

Your opinions ?

Best Regards

Jarek