[scl.org] sclo-ror42: Ruby on Rails 4.2 packages available for testing

Dominic Cleal dominic at cleal.org
Thu Mar 10 14:07:26 UTC 2016

On 22/02/16 14:17, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> I'm happy to announce test packages of a new Ruby on Rails 4.2
> collection are available from the CentOS Software Collections SIG.
>
> These are modelled on previous collections (e.g. rh-ror41) and provide
> all of Rails with full asset compilation support, plus extras such as
> jQuery (1.11.2 & 2.1.3).  It depends on the rh-ruby22 and v8314 collections.
>
> To install it, run:
>
> yum install centos-release-scl
> yum install --enablerepo=centos-sclo-sclo-testing --nogpgcheck sclo-ror42
>
> Activate and use the collection with "scl enable sclo-ror42".
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo/RubyOnRails contains
> tips on using the RoR collection(s) with Passenger.
>
> Please test the collection out and report bugs to
> https://github.com/domcleal/sclo-ror42/issues or on this thread.

The rubygem-actionview and rubygem-activerecord RPMs have been updated
to fix two issues:

1. actionview: fix insecure params calls from views (CVE-2016-2098)
2. activerecord: fix attribute dirty checks after #dup (#23637)

They should appear in the testing repo in the next few hours.  If all is
well in another week then I'll release the collection.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic at cleal.org