Re: [scl.org] Docker file for rpm building

Sure, for testing Docker is probably good alternative.

Honza

On 03/10/2016 02:08 PM, Souvignier, Daniel wrote:
My problem is that I can't be sure that packages built with mock dist el6 or
el7 also work in Oracle Linux, which we use at work for some systems. With
docker, I can be sure that they'll work.

Regards,
Daniel

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sclorg-bounces redhat com [mailto:sclorg-bounces redhat com] Im Auftrag
von Honza Horak
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. März 2016 07:41
An: sclorg redhat com
Betreff: Re: [scl.org] Docker file for rpm building

I personally prefer mock for RPM building, since it is designed exactly for
that purpose and it also works in chroot. When working on a new SCL, I
create a separate profile in mock where scl-utils-build and <scl>-build is
in the basic buildroot. If you want to know more, I can share some concrete
example.

Honza