Re: [scl.org] Software collections on RHEL

On 03/15/2016 01:38 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Honza Horak <hhorak redhat com> wrote:
If you have any use case to use CentOS builds from softwarecollections.org
on RHEL, I'd like to know it, since my understanding is that every RHEL
machine should be fine with using packages from rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms
channel.

One question would be how to enable access to the sclo community SCLs
that aren't in the official Red Hat SCL releases - those are going to
need a non-Red-Hat repo that can nevertheless be readily enabled on
RHEL systems (ala EPEL or IUS).

We discussed this already and haven't come with anything better than this:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/rhscl/centos-release-scl/

With this ^ copr, RHEL users can install a repository package centos-release-scl on RHEL and they will make community SCLs available on top of RHSCL packages.