[scl.org] Software collections on RHEL

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 12:52:06 UTC 2016

On 03/15/2016 01:38 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:
>> If you have any use case to use CentOS builds from softwarecollections.org
>> on RHEL, I'd like to know it, since my understanding is that every RHEL
>> machine should be fine with using packages from rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms
>> channel.
>
> One question would be how to enable access to the sclo community SCLs
> that aren't in the official Red Hat SCL releases - those are going to
> need a non-Red-Hat repo that can nevertheless be readily enabled on
> RHEL systems (ala EPEL or IUS).

We discussed this already and haven't come with anything better than this:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/rhscl/centos-release-scl/

With this ^ copr, RHEL users can install a repository package
centos-release-scl on RHEL and they will make community SCLs available
on top of RHSCL packages.

Honza