[scl.org] [CentOS-devel] CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting (2016-05-17)

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at redhat.com
Tue May 17 14:14:53 UTC 2016

On 17/05/16 15:08, Honza Horak wrote:
> On 05/17/2016 02:57 PM, Remi Collet wrote:
>>
>>> Also, adding some of the packages available in php5x-more to
>>> the official php scls, like the mcrypt and imap modules for
>>> example?
>>
>> I have started adding some in centos-sclo-sclo repository
>>
>> See:
>> http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/scl
o/sclo-php56/

I was mostly waiting for user feedback before adding more.

>> BTW
>>
>> - mcrypt => missing libmcrypt which is not in RHEL/CentOS for
>> very good reason.
>>
>> See:
>> http://blog.remirepo.net/post/2015/07/07/About-libmcrypt-and-php-mcry
pt

I think all serious project have dropped dep. on this extension (and
>> often only keep it as a fallback when openssl not availalble)
>>
>> - imap => missing libc-client
>>

>> So all is about, what should we do for dependencies not in base
>> repository (but in EPEL).
>
> From my PoV it would be fine to use EPEL deps for packages in SCLo
> (especially those that do not have a counterpart in RHSCL), but
> I'm almost sure kbsingh and bstinson will be against -- am I right?
> Is it a rule to use only packages built in CBS as deps>
>
> Honza

yeah, cant use deps from outside of cbs. you'd need to rebuild those
deps from epel.

- - KB

- --
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project, London, UK
Red Hat Ext. 8274455 | DID: 0044 207 009 4455