[scl.org] [CentOS-devel] 'vagrant up' not working after yum update

Dominic Cleal dominic at cleal.org
Wed May 18 15:08:51 UTC 2016

On 18/05/16 15:52, Dharmit Shah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm seeing this behaviour since I did `yum update` today on one of my
> CentOS 7 boxes in that, `vagrant up` for libvirt provider throws the error:
>
> "The provider 'libvirt' could not be found, but was requested to
> back the machine 'default'. Please use a provider that exists."
>
> Details of the issue can be found on [1]. I observed the issue when I
> was doing testing for Atomic Developer Bundle (ADB) [2].

Could you try this newer build of sclo-vagrant1-vagrant (the -5
release)? http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=11113

It's been tagged for release already so I expect it'll appear on the
mirrors within a few days.

(see also https://www.redhat.com/archives/sclorg/2016-May/msg00014.html
where this was discussed and hopefully fixed)

> Besides that, earlier, one needed to install only two packages -
> centos-release-scl and sclo-vagrant1 - to use Vagrant. But now it seems
> to have changed and we need to install sclo-vagrant1-vagrant-libvirt as
> well as few other packages/dependencies to make it work. I modified my
> Ansible playbook [3] which reflects the set of packages I had to add.

This appears to have been changed in
http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=10807, but I don't see why.
The changelog is pretty unhelpful, but comparing the specs shows that
%install_scl's been flipped to zero which isn't common in SCL meta RPMs.

> What I'm here to understand is that, am I doing something obviously
> wrong here to make things work or, did I miss some notification on this
> list that had details about the changes? Or is this some kind of
> unexpected behaviour?

Unexpected to me, I think the RPMs should have been put to the testing
repo before being released.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic at cleal.org