Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting (2016-05-17)

On 05/17/2016 04:14 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

On 17/05/16 15:08, Honza Horak wrote:
On 05/17/2016 02:57 PM, Remi Collet wrote:

I think all serious project have dropped dep. on this extension (and
often only keep it as a fallback when openssl not availalble)

- imap => missing libc-client

So all is about, what should we do for dependencies not in base
repository (but in EPEL).

 From my PoV it would be fine to use EPEL deps for packages in SCLo
(especially those that do not have a counterpart in RHSCL), but
I'm almost sure kbsingh and bstinson will be against -- am I right?
Is it a rule to use only packages built in CBS as deps>

Honza

yeah, cant use deps from outside of cbs. you'd need to rebuild those
deps from epel.

Do you have some estimation of how many packages would have to be needed?