[scl.org] sclo-vagrant1 1.8.1 builds

Dominic Cleal dominic at cleal.org
Wed May 18 07:33:53 UTC 2016

On 17/05/16 17:27, Tomas Hrcka wrote:
> On 05/17/2016 05:21 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote:
>> It looks like %{vagrant_dir} has expanded differently, causing the root
>> of the Vagrant installation to be at
>> /opt/rh/sclo-vagrant1/root/usr/share/sclo-vagrant1-vagrant/ rather than
>> /opt/rh/sclo-vagrant1/root/usr/share/vagrant/.
>>
>> 1.7.4-3.el7: http://cbs.centos.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=23881
>> 1.8.1-4.el7: http://cbs.centos.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=56779
>>
>> The file /usr/lib/rpm/macros.d/macros.vagrant.sclo-vagrant1 in the older
>> build contains "%vagrant_dir %{_datadir}/vagrant", but the newer build
>> uses %{name} which expands to the SCLed name.
>
> I have fixed it back to pkg_name

Thanks, 1.8.1-5 seems to fix both of these issue. There remains another
new one it seems - if you rebuild a plugin against -5, the registration
scriptlet runs "/opt/rh/sclo-vagrant1/root/usr/bin/ruby -e".

%vagrant_plugin_register now uses %{_bindir}/ruby, but this used to be
plain "ruby" - the scl enable should put it in the PATH anyway, so I
don't think this is needed. It was changed at
https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/vagrant/commit/e448388e0cc88a76d9923d86df3e1615a666eeff#diff-0cc501359f9ff39115559ff49a4f0d47L36.

>> Separately I've requested that sclo-vagrant1 be added to the sclo
>> testing repo via https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=10869 so I could
>> test the OpenStack package, but we should use the testing repo and
>> process once it's available to check updates work.
>>
>> Also one final point, I couldn't find the source for the update in
>> https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/vagrant/tree/sig-sclo7-sclo-vagrant1-sclo
>> - could the changes be pushed there?
> Sorry I have opened pull request instead of pushing there. Changes are
> now pushed.

Ah OK, probably best to push if it's already built. I'll monitor the PRs
in that repo in future to help with reviewing. Hopefully the testing
repo will help as well so these changes aren't released immediately.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic at cleal.org