[scl.org] Missing DTS 4 - Developer Toolset 4

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 09:02:34 UTC 2016

On 09/16/2016 07:20 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:07:49 +0200, Honza Horak wrote:
>> On 09/05/2016 10:19 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>>> But Red Hat also released DTS-4.0 which has no HTML page but files are at:
>>> 	http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/rh/devtoolset-4/
>>>
>>> Red Hat also released DTS-4.1 but I see neither HTML nor files there.
>>
>> Files are here:
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/rh/devtoolset-4/
>
> These files are for DTS-4.0.  Not for DTS-4.1.

Rebuilding of RHSCL collections in CBS is not always very easy and
especially in case of devtoolset-4 there are few packages that make
troubles for us:

devtoolset-4-eclipse-4.5.2-5.4.el6
devtoolset-4-eclipse-dltk-5.4.0-2.3.el6
devtoolset-4-eclipse-egit-4.2.0-1.0.el6
devtoolset-4-eclipse-mylyn-3.18.0-5.4.el6

devtoolset-4-eclipse-4.5.2-5.4.el7
devtoolset-4-eclipse-dltk-5.4.0-2.3.el7
devtoolset-4-eclipse-egit-4.2.0-1.0.el7
devtoolset-4-eclipse-mylyn-3.18.0-5.4.el7
devtoolset-4-tycho-0.23.0-8.2.el7

But unless I have some problem in my scripts, those are all the packages
missing to be rebuilt in cbs.

Anyway, if anybody is willing to help with the rebase, I'm more than
welcome such help, but it is currently beyond our skills/resources to
work more on that.

Packages not built properly also make the tests failing, which prevents
tagging them to testing and eventually to release repo:
https://ci.centos.org/view/SCLo/job/SCLo-devtoolset-4-rh-C6-x86_64/
https://ci.centos.org/view/SCLo/job/SCLo-devtoolset-4-rh-C7-x86_64/

We can probably tag at least toolchain/perftools part of the SCL and
leave IDE non-updated for now, but for that I'd like to see automatic
tests for testing and release repo first (we only run tests of candidate
repos now). This is on the way, so hopefully up2date devtoolset-4 will
be on mirrors in next days..

Another part of the problem is description on
https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devtoolset-4/ --
updating to 4.1 to be explicit about what packages are there should be
easy, but we shouldn't do it before the packages are available on mirrors.

Sorry for the issue, but as I mentioned above, any additional hand may
help things going quicker.

Honza