[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [scl.org] New git package



Hi Honza,

thanks for the info. I just found out that it is not necessary to update the
client version of git to work with GitLab, it's just the package that's
running on the GitLab server itself that is important. As that one is
included in the gitlab omnibus package already, nothing has to be done here.

Kind regards,
Daniel 

--
Daniel Souvignier

IT Center
Gruppe: Linux-basierte Anwendungen
Abteilung: Systeme und Betrieb
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
52074 Aachen
Tel.: +49 241 80-29267
souvignier itc rwth-aachen de
www.itc.rwth-aachen.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sclorg-bounces redhat com [mailto:sclorg-bounces redhat com] Im Auftrag
von Honza Horak
Gesendet: Montag, 10. April 2017 17:00
An: sclorg redhat com
Betreff: Re: [scl.org] New git package

Yes, they do, if there is good enough reason (security or very important
fix). We definitely don't include all fixes.

Anyway, if there are reasons to have a newer git SCL, I'm totally not
against, we can have sclo-git212.. the changes in Fedora SPEC are not that
big..

Honza

On 03/10/2017 02:03 PM, Souvignier, Daniel wrote:
> Thing is: When will git 2.9 itself be EOL? Or do upstream patches get 
> backported into scls as well (similar to normal packages)?
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Souvignier
>
> IT Center
> Gruppe: Linux-basierte Anwendungen
> Abteilung: Systeme und Betrieb
> RWTH Aachen University
> Seffenter Weg 23
> 52074 Aachen
> Tel.: +49 241 80-29267
> souvignier itc rwth-aachen de
> www.itc.rwth-aachen.de
>
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Jarek Polok [mailto:Jaroslaw Polok cern ch]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 10. März 2017 13:46
> An: Souvignier, Daniel <Souvignier itc rwth-aachen de>; 
> sclorg redhat com
> Betreff: Re: AW: [scl.org] New git package
>
>
> On 03/10/2017 12:56 PM, Souvignier, Daniel wrote:
>> That's true, but it's a quite old collection already and I'm not sure 
>> if it still gets updates, so it would be better to do a new one. I 
>> know that I can use the old one for now.
>
> Software Collections 2.3 including git 2.9.3 has been released 
> November
> 2016 and its Retirement Date is November 2018. (these are the dates 
> for upstream Red Hat product) (git 2.9.3 itself is few months older of 
> course)
>
> So I think its still OK to use it for some time
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jarek
>
>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Souvignier
>>
>> IT Center
>> Gruppe: Linux-basierte Anwendungen
>> Abteilung: Systeme und Betrieb
>> RWTH Aachen University
>> Seffenter Weg 23
>> 52074 Aachen
>> Tel.: +49 241 80-29267
>> souvignier itc rwth-aachen de
>> www.itc.rwth-aachen.de
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: sclorg-bounces redhat com [mailto:sclorg-bounces redhat com] Im 
>> Auftrag von Jarek Polok
>> Gesendet: Freitag, 10. März 2017 11:35
>> An: sclorg redhat com
>> Betreff: Re: [scl.org] New git package
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> On 03/10/2017 11:17 AM, Souvignier, Daniel wrote:
>>> Forgot to include a link, see here:
>>> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/19609
>>>
>>
>> Software collections already do provide Git 2.9(.3):
>>
>> https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/rh-git29/
>>
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Jarek
>> __
>> -------------------------------------------------------
>> _ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/CM/LCS _ _ 
>> http://cern.ch/~jpolok ________ tel_+41_22_767_1834 _
>> ______________________________________+41_75_411_9487 _
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> SCLorg mailing list
>> SCLorg redhat com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/sclorg
>>
>
>
> --
> __
> -------------------------------------------------------
> _ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/CM/LCS _ _ 
> http://cern.ch/~jpolok ________ tel_+41_22_767_1834 _
> ______________________________________+41_75_411_9487 _
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> SCLorg mailing list
> SCLorg redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/sclorg
>

_______________________________________________
SCLorg mailing list
SCLorg redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/sclorg

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]