[scl.org] Python "latest" SCLo

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 3 05:47:07 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 1:24 AM, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]
<daniel.davis at nih.gov> wrote:
> I’ve been lurking on this list for a while, and I wanted to bring myself up
> to date.   I noticed some talk of a community SCL for a “latest” Python,
> which would be a non-patched pure build of Python that is kept up-to-date by
> the community.   Where is that at?   Who is leading it?

That would be me, but it stalled while I was working on some Python
3.7 changes. Happily though, I have some time to spend on
bootstrapping the "rolling Python" SCL this week, so I'm going to
start working through the list of tasks at
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo#head-b408f06ad89fd3a67686f755eafac7ce310ee081
(using the rh-python35 collection as a starting point)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan