[scl.org] New SCLo collection: cassandra3 ?

Tomas Repik trepik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 06:44:55 UTC 2017

Good news everyone!

Past year or so I've been working on packaging Appache
Cassandra as a rpm for Fedora. Simultaneously I SCLized
the package and all the dependencies needed for building
and running. Our ultimate goal is shipping Cassandra
in RHSC, but before that I'd like to get some feedback
from developers and users, so that the collection is
more ready to use.

Therefore I would like to propose to introduce

sclo-cassandra3 collection for CentOS 7 (maybe 6 as well)

Cassandra is a partitioned row store. Rows are organized into tables with
a required primary key. Partitioning means that Cassandra can distribute your
data across multiple machines in an application-transparent matter. Cassandra
will automatically re-partition as machines are added/removed from the cluster.
Row store means that like relational databases, Cassandra organizes data by
rows and columns. The Cassandra Query Language (CQL) is a close relative of SQL.

Links to the fedora package [1], fedora container [2], git repository of the
SCLized package [3] and metapackage [4] can be found down bellow.

What do you think ?

Tomas

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/cassandra/
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/container/cassandra/