Re: [scl.org] Python3 (always latest) community SCL

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan redhat com> wrote:
To provide an indicative timeline for this: I'm currently trying to
get PEP 538's locale coercion squared away for Python 3.7 before
Fedora 26 hits code freeze, and then will be busy with proposal
reviews for the PyCon Australia Education Seminar for the next couple
of weeks.

So that will mean I'll start figuring out the details of setting up
this rolling community SCL some time in late May or early June.

A (lack of) progress update here: while PEP 538 has landed, I had to partially revert it to get the FreeBSD buildbots passing again, and that partial reversion also had the side effect of disabling it on Mac OS X. I'd like to get all that sorted out before starting any other new upstream commitments, and PyCon Australia itself is now looming not too far in the future :)

So if anyone else is keen to see the Python 3 SCL rolling release idea happen, *please* don't feel obliged to wait for me to find the time to drive it - I'll be happy to help out regardless.

However, if we do leave it to me, then I'll hopefully be able to get PEP 538 finalised some time in the next couple of weeks, while would mean putting together an initial collection some time in July. If I miss that date, then it's likely to slip all the way into September or October due to my other commitments in August.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan