Re: [scl.org] SoftwareCollections Port

SCL concept requires two basic things:

* change location where the files are installed by changing default RPM macros (I expect something like that exists in the .deb packages as well)

* change the environment variables like PATH, etc. so the binaries and libraries are found on the alternative path. This part should be same in Debian as on RHEL.

Anyway, this would be cool, although I'm not sure home much work it would require to accomplish it. My guess is that it won't be just a weekend project.

Honza