[scl.org] SoftwareCollections Port

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 28 23:20:59 UTC 2017

SCL concept requires two basic things:

* change location where the files are installed by changing default RPM
macros (I expect something like that exists in the .deb packages as well)

* change the environment variables like PATH, etc. so the binaries and
libraries are found on the alternative path. This part should be same in
Debian as on RHEL.

Anyway, this would be cool, although I'm not sure home much work it
would require to accomplish it. My guess is that it won't be just a
weekend project.

Honza