[scl.org] Node versions

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed May 10 03:54:42 UTC 2017

Has the general community plan for tracking node versions been discussed
before? I see that Node4 went into maintenance a few days ago[1]. I was
looking into this because one of my peers was trying to install ethercalc
in openshift on node4, and it doesnt work because it requires node 4.8+
(well 5 if you want to avoid feature flags).

I found a few attempts at SCL builds in COPR [2], but only one looked like
it was going anywhere with node 6 (current LTS) [3]. Doesn't appear that
anyone has mentioned node on this list since 2015[4].  Nothing on
stackoverflow either.[5]

I've been watching some of the other chats on here, such as about
Python3.latest.  So I'm just kinda curious what people's thoughts are? I'm
interested in helping and also into looking into building an node6 lts
version of the LTS. I'm also planning on looking at doing a build of the
OpenShift containers and s2i[6] for node6.

No idea what my time schedule is, but my co-workers are definitely
interested and they are my customers :D

-greg

[1] https://github.com/nodejs/LTS
[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/fulltext/?fulltext=nodejs