[scl.org] rh-python36-build alternative in rhel

Jiri Novak jiri.novak at ghorland.net
Wed Nov 22 13:45:55 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm currently trying to port python app to use rh-python36 SCL (built
using mock+rpmbuild), I've managed to make it build correctly in the scl
paths (and using python3 for the packages that need it during build) if
I install rh-python36-build from centos to the mock root.
Is there a way to do this with rhel packages too? The issue is that
without it, %{scl} in specfile is not populated, with it, it's properly
set to rh-python36. Should I pass the value in different manner than in
centos? or what might I be doing wrong?

for reference, scl-utils-build and rh-python36-scldevel are installed,
but that's not enough.

Thanks,
Gh.