Re: [scl.org] rh-python36-build alternative in rhel

Hi,

pip is not preffered way for production deployments here. I'll keep it as last resort (maybe even after adding the libraries into rh-python36 collection which is bad :))

But generally, if I want to create a dependent SCL, I obviously miss some macros or something in the specfile.

thanks,
Gh.

Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] wrote:
Jiri, if you mean Python packages, I do it this way (for a designated owner account):

scl enable rh-python36 bash
pip install --user lxml

Above, lxml is an example package.

Also consider whether you want Python 36 binary extensions to always be available.† †You can create a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d that does that - SCLs don't do that to be safe about what else is on the box, but for your own boxes why not.

Buried in ansible code, you can see this in action at https://GitHub.com/NLM-OCCS/occsab-python

Sent with BlackBerry Work (www.blackberry.com)