[scl.org] rh-python36-build alternative in rhel

Stefan Ring stefanrin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 23:10:25 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Jiri Novak <jiri.novak at ghorland.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to add more libraries to rh-python36, which would require using
> rh-python36-build package and I've been told it is wring and I should do
> my own SCL.
>
> then I need to make the application use the extended SCL with added
> libraries.
>
> Just running it agains rh-python36 is not enough because of missing
> dependencies :(
>
> The specfile should create packages test-python36-build and
> test-python36-runtime as a collection that extends rh-python36

Is this even possible? If your collection is called test-python36, it
will live in another directory hierarchy than rh-python36 and will not
be able to access the packages from there. I think you're in for a
world of pain.

You can of course start a new collection by renaming everything in the
rh-python36 package sources, picking up just the packages you need,
thus creating a new, derived collection.