[scl.org] Python 3.6 SCL availability

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 04:25:00 UTC 2017

Figuring out how best to manage building a rolling sclo-python release
in COPR and/or Koji is still a work in progress, but I wanted to note
that a pre-built Python 3.6.2 SCL is now available as part of the
just-released RHSCL 3.0 beta:
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/10/04/red-hat-updates-python-php-node-js-supports-new-arches/

The source code for that SCL is available through sclorg-distgit:
https://github.com/sclorg-distgit/python/tree/sig-sclo7-rh-python36-rh

If you want to build that locally, then adapting the work I already
did for 3.5 in https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/ to work with
3.6 instead would probably be the most reliable way to include
everything needed.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. I'm not sure when it's expected that the CentOS rebuilds of the
RHSCL 3.0 collections will be available through
softwarecollections.org

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Platform Engineering, Brisbane