[scl.org] SCL devtoolset on arm64/aarch64

Christoph Müllner christoph.muellner at theobroma-systems.com
Thu Sep 14 10:30:37 UTC 2017

Hi Honza,

thank's for the reply!

You are right, I was searching for devtoolset-6 for arm64.
On another mailing list I already got the hint to use the packages from buildlogs.centos.org
(https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/aarch64/rh/devtoolset-6/).

As I had to use g++ 4.9 or 5.x back then (the code base was not ready for g++ 6.x),
I ended up using a self-built g++ 5.4 (with -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 to be able
to link against pre-built CentOS libraries).

I just wanted to give it a try and use your instructions to install devtoolset-6.
However, I ended up with the following error:

> cmuellner at gryphon2 ~$ sudo yum update
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, fastestmirror
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/aarch64/rh/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article
>
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623
>
> If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please create a bug on https://bugs.centos.org/
>

>  One of the configured repositories failed (CentOS-7 - SCLo rh),
>  and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
>  safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:
>
>      1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.
>
>      2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
>         upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
>         distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
>         packages for the previous distribution release still work).
>
>      3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
>             yum --disablerepo=centos-sclo-rh ...
>
>      4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum
>         will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it
>         again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:
>
>             yum-config-manager --disable centos-sclo-rh
>         or
>             subscription-manager repos --disable=centos-sclo-rh
>
>      5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
>         Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
>         so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
>         slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
>         compromise:
>
>             yum-config-manager --save --setopt=centos-sclo-rh.skip_if_unavailable=true
>
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from centos-sclo-rh: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/sclo/aarch64/rh/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

So I can confirm, that the packages are not there.

If you plan to make them available, then I'd be happy to test them.

Thanks,
Christoph

--
Christoph Müllner
Theobroma Systems Design und Consulting GmbH