[scl.org] SCL devtoolset on arm64/aarch64

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Sep 14 16:34:24 UTC 2017

I think the only thing required is a bump around the -release file that
specifies the mirror location being different from the x86_64 path. The
packages will need to be signed but beyond that they work quite well
(I've used them for quite a few things).

I can work with you later this week on it if you have time.

On 09/14/2017 02:21 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
> Christoph, I'm afraid this request was kinda forgotten without proper
> feedback, sorry for that.. Anyway, I expect you talk about devtoolset-6
> SCL, right? Have you tried to use the aarch64 packages from buildlogs
> (testing repository)?
>
>   $ yum install centos-release-scl-rh
>   $ yum-config-manager --enable centos-sclo-rh-testing
>
> Jim, we probably did not finish moving the devtoolset-6 builds into
> mirrors, but I already forgot whether there was some reason for that..
>
> Honza
>
> On 05/19/2017 07:39 PM, Christoph Müllner wrote:
>> Hi sclorg list,
>>
>> I am using CentOS 7 on an arm64 machine and ran into the problem, that
>> the shipped compiler is not recent enough for the source code I want
>> to build
>> (some required C++11 features are not available).
>>
>> On x86_64 I could use your devtoolset packages to circumvent the issue,
>> but on arm64/aarch64 these packages are not available.
>>
>> Therefore I'd like to ask if there are some plans to get the
>> devtoolset packages
>> available on arm64?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --
>> Christoph Müllner
>> Theobroma Systems Design und Consulting GmbH
>> Seestadtstraße 27 (Aspern IQ), 1220 Wien, Austria
>> Phone: +43 1 236 98 93-409, Fax: +43 1 236 98 93-9
>> http://www.theobroma-systems.com

Jim Perrin