[scl.org] LAMP setup using SCL

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Fri Feb 23 12:51:44 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 5:41 AM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com>
wrote:

> Le 23/02/2018 à 13:33, Josep Manel Andrés Moscardó a écrit :
> > Hi Remi, thanks.
> >
> > What do you mean pulling all packages from CentOS? CentOS base doesn't
> > have mysql 5.7 or php 5.6. Do you mean pulling them from CentOS SCL?
>
> Yes (which is a CentOS repository ;)

Not to steer you away from SCL for PHP and MySQL, but there is an
alternative to doing so, which I use quite often:

* PHP from IUS repos https://ius.io/
* Updated MariaDB pacakges from MariaDB repos:
https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/

And generally I'd expect you can use httpd 2.4 from CentOS directly.

Beware that security support for PHP 5.6 ends upstream at the end of this
year, so if at all possible, I'd recommend running PHP 7.x; you'll also get
a huge performance boost from doing so, and depending on the application
you're running, code changes should be minimal. See
https://secure.php.net/supported-versions.php for more info on PHP
supported releases.

-Jeff