[scl.org] rh-python36 SPEC file question (circular dependency)

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:37:37 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am trying to compile rh-python36 to use with CentOS on a Raspberry Pi.

On line 192 of the SPEC file are these lines:
%if 0%{?with_rewheel}
BuildRequires: %{?scl_prefix}python-setuptools
BuildRequires: %{?scl_prefix}python-pip
%endif

What is this supposed to do?  It prevents the package from building,
because there is a circular dependency- if I try to build python36, it
complains that python36-setuptools and python36-pip are not
installed... but I can't install those without having Python installed
first.  If I comment those lines out I get no error and the build
almost completes.  (It then fails the "multiprocessing" test, but
that's beside the point.)  However, I don't want to break something by
commenting them out... so is there a better or "right" way to get rid
of the circular dependency?

Thanks!
-JK