[scl.org] rh-python36 SPEC file question (circular dependency)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 01:54:21 UTC 2018

On 9 June 2018 at 02:10, Charalampos Stratakis <cstratak at redhat.com> wrote:

> I hope that helps (and I hope I didn't forget any steps :) ).

There's also https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/ from back when I was
looking at making an sclo-python rolling-release that tracked the latest
released version (even across major version bumps). My working notes for
that process: https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/issues/1

While I never ended up following through on that project (since I switched
jobs and aren't using SCLs for anything any more), I did get as far as
having a fully automated bootstrap build in a previously empty chroot. (The
current approach unfortunately doesn't work with COPR or Koji though, as
those don't offer a way to override the dist tag for the bootstrap builds
the way that mock does:
https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/blob/master/rpmlb/sclorg-distgit-download.yml#L59
)

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. If anyone would like to take over pyscl-devel development with a view
to making maintenance of the Python SCLs more automated (and easier to
contribute to), just let me know and I'll unarchive the repo.