Re: [scl.org] rh-python36 SPEC file question (circular dependency)

On 9 June 2018 at 02:10, Charalampos Stratakis <cstratak redhat com> wrote:
I hope that helps (and I hope I didn't forget any steps :) ).

There's also https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/ from back when I was looking at making an sclo-python rolling-release that tracked the latest released version (even across major version bumps). My working notes for that process: https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/issues/1

While I never ended up following through on that project (since I switched jobs and aren't using SCLs for anything any more), I did get as far as having a fully automated bootstrap build in a previously empty chroot. (The current approach unfortunately doesn't work with COPR or Koji though, as those don't offer a way to override the dist tag for the bootstrap builds the way that mock does: https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/blob/master/rpmlb/sclorg-distgit-download.yml#L59 )

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. If anyone would like to take over pyscl-devel development with a view to making maintenance of the Python SCLs more automated (and easier to contribute to), just let me know and I'll unarchive the repo.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan gmail com   |   Brisbane, Australia