Re: [scl.org] rh-python36 SPEC file question (circular dependency)

From: "Nick Coghlan" <ncoghlan gmail com>
To: "Charalampos Stratakis" <cstratak redhat com>
Cc: "Joshua Kramer" <joskra42 list gmail com>, sclorg redhat com
Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2018 3:54:21 AM
Subject: Re: [scl.org] rh-python36 SPEC file question (circular dependency)

On 9 June 2018 at 02:10, Charalampos Stratakis <cstratak redhat com> wrote:
I hope that helps (and I hope I didn't forget any steps :) ).

There's also https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/ from back when I was looking at making an sclo-python rolling-release that tracked the latest released version (even across major version bumps). My working notes for that process: https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/issues/1

While I never ended up following through on that project (since I switched jobs and aren't using SCLs for anything any more), I did get as far as having a fully automated bootstrap build in a previously empty chroot. (The current approach unfortunately doesn't work with COPR or Koji though, as those don't offer a way to override the dist tag for the bootstrap builds the way that mock does: https://github.com/ncoghlan/pyscl-devel/blob/master/rpmlb/sclorg-distgit-download.yml#L59 )

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. If anyone would like to take over pyscl-devel development with a view to making maintenance of the Python SCLs more automated (and easier to contribute to), just let me know and I'll unarchive the repo.

Thanks for letting us know Nick. Will try to get on it when I get some free cycles.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncoghlan gmail com   |   Brisbane, Australia

--
Regards,

Charalampos Stratakis
Software Engineer