[scl.org] Unable to access some EOL collections for EL6

Dockendorf, Trey tdockendorf at osc.edu
Wed Sep 12 16:58:00 UTC 2018

I have noticed that some EOL collections we still rely are on no longer accessible on CentOS 6.  Steps to reproduce are below.  I do not have this issue with the CentOS 7 sclo-rh repos.  Is this intentional that collections like git19 and rh-ruby22 no longer be accessible?

$ docker run -it centos:6 /bin/bash
[root at 16441b388bc9 /]# yum install centos-release-scl
[root at 16441b388bc9 /]# yum install git19 rh-ruby22
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, ovl
Setting up Install Process
Determining fastest mirrors
* base: ftpmirror.your.org
* extras: mirror.tzulo.com
* updates: mirrors.usinternet.com
centos-sclo-rh                                                                                                                                                                               | 2.9 kB     00:00
centos-sclo-rh/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                    | 1.2 MB     00:01
centos-sclo-sclo                                                                                                                                                                             | 2.9 kB     00:00
centos-sclo-sclo/primary_db                                                                                                                                                                  | 151 kB     00:00
No package git19 available.
No package rh-ruby22 available.
Error: Nothing to do

--