[scl.org] ARM support

Zoran Regvart zregvart at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 14:07:45 UTC 2019

Hi all,
my colleague and I are trying to get Syndesis[1] running on OpenShift
on top of Amazon EC2 A1 cloud, which runs on ARM64v8 (aarch64)
architecture.

For this we need to build the PostgreSQL container image[2] for ARM.
We already succeeded in building the CentOS base image
(centos/s2i-core-centos7) for ARM with the changes in two PRs[3][4],
last one of which as it depends on the first was not created in the
`sclorg` organization.

Now we're stuck as the RPM packages for nss_wrapper, rh-postgresql95,
rh-postgresql95-postgresql-contrib and
rh-postgresql94-postgresql-server for aarch64 are not present in the
`centos-sclo-sclo` (from the `centos-release-scl-rh` package)
repository.

Any plans on making the ARM RPM packages available in the centos-sclo
repository?

zoran

[1] http://syndesis.io/
[2] https://github.com/sclorg/postgresql-container