[scl.org] Nginx Container - Secure version question

Humberto Ojeda hojeda at redhat.com
Sat Dec 7 22:31:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am working on a container hardening team and I am responsible for
hardening the NGINX container.  I came across your container in
https://access.redhat.com/containers/?tab=docker-file#/registry.access.redhat.com/rhscl/nginx-114-rhel7/images/1-23,
and have a couple of questions.

I see that it uses the s2i base image and there are some comments there
about Openshift.  My question is.. is this image meant to work with
Openshift, or was it meant as a generic container for other platforms as
well (e.g. Kubernetes)?

I am trying to figure out whether I can make use of your container, or
whether I will have to build it myself.  Any feedback would be
appreciated.  Thank you!

--

Humberto Ojeda

Container Infrastructure Consultant