[scl.org] Nginx Container - Secure version question

Hi,

I am working on a container hardening team and I am responsible for hardening the NGINX container.  I came across your container in https://access.redhat.com/containers/?tab=docker-file#/registry.access.redhat.com/rhscl/nginx-114-rhel7/images/1-23, and have a couple of questions.

I see that it uses the s2i base image and there are some comments there about Openshift.  My question is.. is this image meant to work with Openshift, or was it meant as a generic container for other platforms as well (e.g. Kubernetes)?

I am trying to figure out whether I can make use of your container, or whether I will have to build it myself.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thank you!

--

Humberto Ojeda

Container Infrastructure Consultant

Red Hat