[scl.org] Community (sclo-) collections on alternate architectures

Jan Staněk jstanek at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:22:21 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!
It has recently been brought to my attention that we have no
sclo-prefixed collection synchronized on mirrors for alternate
architectures – only on x86_64. I went through several sclo- collections
and it seems this could be caused by not having any builds of them since
the alternate architectures were enabled in CBS.

I already spoke with Remi Collet (CC'd) about his PHP collections
and he agreed to have them rebuilt and synchronized to the aarch64 and
ppc64le architectures as well.

What about the others? If you maintain a (released) sclo- collection,
would you be willing to rebuild it for the alternate architectures?
Nothing major should be required, apart from (re-)bulding the collection
packages in the correct order (since for the altarchs, the collection
needs to be bootstrapped if necessary). I would be more than happy to
lend you my aid, should you need it.

Looking forward to your responses and comments!
--
Jan Staněk
Associate Software Engineer