[scl.org] Is Software Collections abandoned?

Petr Kubat pkubat at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 09:02:10 UTC 2020

Hi Peter,

yes, for RHEL8 (and Centos8 as a result) there are no software
collections (SCLs) anymore. The functionality of SCLs has been replaced
by modularity so that is the part of Centos8 you will need to upgrade
from SCLs in Centos7.

For container images we have some UBI-based images available [1] that
are accessible without a RHEL subscription under a different EULA [2].

HTH,
Petr

[1]
https://catalog.redhat.com/software/container-stacks/detail/5ec53f50ef29fd35586d9a56