[scl.org] s2i and podman

Pavel Valena pvalena at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 13:45:02 UTC 2020

----- Original Message -----

Hello,

from installing s2i:
  - package source-to-image-1.1.7-7.fc32.x86_64 requires docker, but none of the providers can be installed
(conflicting with podman)

But even when I've rebuilt it with dependency on %{_bindir}/docker instead, and installed it, it doesn't work.
Turns out `s2i` needs socket to communicate with docker daemon.

This is the corresponding upstream issue:
  https://github.com/openshift/source-to-image/issues/966

Regards,
Pavel