[scl.org] Python S2I Images not taking the environment variables

Abhinay Purty apurty at redhat.com
Wed May 6 12:29:20 UTC 2020

Hello Team,

One of the customer wants to use the Python S2I Image ‘ubi7/python-36’ and
‘rhscl/python-36-rhel7’ with a local pypi mirror and pipenv.and they set
the following env variables:

PIP_TRUSTED_HOST: pypi-mirror.mycompany.local
PIP_INDEX_URL:
https://pypi-mirror.mycompany.local/artifactory/api/pypi/pypi.org/simple
ENABLE_PIPENV: true

However, the installation of pipenv fails because it does not use the
environment vars. According to the source of the assemble script of the
python s2i image of python the following script is used.

https://github.com/sclorg/s2i-python-container/blob/master/3.6/s2i/bin/assemble#L26

function install_pipenv() {
  echo "---> Installing pipenv packaging tool ..."
  VENV_DIR=$HOME/.local/venvs/pipenv
  virtualenv_bin "$VENV_DIR"
  $VENV_DIR/bin/pip --isolated install -U pipenv
  mkdir -p $HOME/.local/bin
  ln -s $VENV_DIR/bin/pipenv $HOME/.local/bin/pipenv
}
For the installation of pipenv, pip is using the --isolated option which
ignores all environment vars.

Can we have a fix for this image to include the environment variables ?

--
Regards,

Abhinay Purty

Associate Technical Support Engineer