[scl.org] Using UBI8 for toolbox container

Bissenbay Dauletbayev bdauletb at redhat.com
Mon May 11 14:46:09 UTC 2020

Hi SoftwareCollections,

I am working on replacing the base image of this Dockerfile
<https://github.com/goern/toolbox/blob/master/images/fedora/aicoe-tensorflow-jupyter-toolbox/Dockerfile>
from
Fedora32 to UBI8. However, I face issues where in the build process I see
missing packages for UBI8. Then, my manager advised me to look at this
Dockerfile.rhel8
<https://github.com/sclorg/s2i-python-container/blob/master/3.6/Dockerfile.rhel8>
understand how you guys do it. Could you please assist me why when I try to
build that dockerfile I get error message (attached the screenshot).

Could you also please help me with replacing base image from Fedora32 to
UBI8 and how to deal when I face missing packages issues like what it means
is that the packages I am trying to install are not present in Red Hat
Repos I guess.

Thanks in advance,
Bissenbay!