Re: [scl.org] Python >= 3.9.5

On 07/07/2021 11:02, Jan Staněk wrote:
Hi Nick,
please refer to the packaging guide [1], especially Chapter 2.
That should get you up and running; feel free to ask if you run into a
wall.

[1]: https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/docs/guide/

Otherwise, if you intent to publish/share the collection with others,
please do not use the `rh-` prefix – that is reserved for official Red
Hat collections.

Best regards!
--
Jan Staněk
Software Engineer, Red Hat

Hello Jan,
Thanks for the reply. Apologies for double-posting but the list did not mail back to me my first post I assumed it had failed as I'd accidentally sent it in html, so I resent it in plain text.

Do you happen to know if there is a particular build order for the packages, e.g rh-python38 followed by installing it and then building rh-python38-python and so on or can they be built independently. The intention is to just get a base python39 running with pip39 so a virtualenv can be created. After that, all required packages will be installed with pip to avoid messing with the base o/s installation.

Thanks for the tip about rh. I'd already guessed that one. Locally I'll start with rh but, if I succeed, I'll switch it to something else and rebuild before rolling it out.

Regards,
Nick