Re: [scl.org] SCL : perl 5.30 and recent CVE like CVE-2020-10878

I'm testing perls in SCL for rhel7 and centos7... and it seems that the last packaged verison of perl is 5.30.1

Alas some CVE touching this version of perl were raised in 2020 leading to perl 5.30.2 and perl 5.30.3 peing released, soi wonder about the status of these CVE in SCL packaged perls

Redhat appears to have fixed the 5.16 defautl version in Rhel 7 and also in Rhel 8 including modules... but what about SCL on rhel 7 or Centos 7 ?

Hi,

you are correct, the latest version of Perl is 5.30.1 in SCL. We don't plan to update Perl in SCL.
If you want Red Hat to fix the CVEs or update Perl in SCL, you have to file an official support request
at https://access.redhat.com/support/.

Regards,
Jitka

--
I'm checking my mails a few times per week and not on a real time basis. Thanks for your understanding.
Je traite mes mails par moments dans la semaine et non au fil de l'eau. Merci de votre compréhension