[scl.org] devtoolset-6 and stdlibc++

Matthew Wheaton mwheat5487 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:43:14 UTC 2021

Hi,

This can't be the first time this has come up.  I was very pleased to
discover that I could install the gcc-6.3 compiler on a rhel6 host using
devtoolset-6, but now discover that the accompanying stdlibc++ is not
included.

I provide shared libraries as part of an API for my work and it would be
greatly beneficial to provide a runtime environment that includes the
libraries that come with gcc-6.3.  Unless the customer can use a rhel8
equivalent, this is the best way to provide C++11 functionality that I know
of.

Is there a way to provide the appropriate stdlibc++?

Thanks,
Matthew Wheaton