[scl.org] [2 min Read] RHEL8/Postgresql-13 Image Init Scripts

Edmund Ochieng eochieng at redhat.com
Fri Sep 3 13:01:04 UTC 2021

Hello,

*TLDR*: Do RHEL8 Postgresql images support the use of custom scripts to
initialize new databases?

*Background*:

I am working with Pachyderm Inc, a Red Hat Partner, who is building an
operator that should go through Operator certification.

Their cluster offering currently uses the Bitnami postgresql image which is
not available as a certified image. We are therefore looking to switch them
over to using the above mentioned image.

While the switch over has been smooth, there is one thing we are still
attempting to figure out. The Bitnami image allows for users to provide
custom scripts to be used to initialize a fresh instance of a database. The
said scripts would be located at /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d

Do the RHEL8 postgresql images have similar functionality?

--

Edmund Ochieng

Software Engineer,
Ecosystem Engineering