Re: another kde crash?

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Mike Chambers wrote:

[...]

> I think it's nice and stable to tell you the truth.  Since you had problems
> before with X as it was the config I believe you modified that ended up
> fixing your problem, and now KDE or whatever is crashing on you, think you
> might actually consider your hardware the problem?  Just because it was
> supported in the past doesn't mean it's supported now or if it worked in the
> past doesn't mean something is up with it.  Just because YOU had problems
> doesn't mean everyone does or is.  And since Gnome is causing you problems
> as well, I have this gut feeling your video card is bad, or at least badly
> configured whether by your or the OS.

[...]
I started this thread, not the person you are 'replying' to here.  I
posted concerning probable kde crashes wondering if anyone else had had
similar experiences, or if anyone had any useful advice.  Generally
everything works smoothly, apart from occasional system crashes.  I have
no experience with gnome.  I don't see how my hardware should be the
problem, it is not that obsolete (I have a P3 and a video card the
Xconfigurator recognizes).