printer problems

I installed rh71 (fresh install) now I can't print to
my printer on the parallel (lp1) It was configured
using the printconf-gui tool but when I do a test page
it says lpd is not running so I  did a "ps -ef" lpd is
running, did a restart on lpd still same error "lpc"
also says lpd is not running. So what am I to do?????

Pierre