Re: Verifying something

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, loeung vidol wrote:

- Hi all:
-
- I set the smart host parameter in sendmail.cf to my ISP mail server like
- this:
- DJmail.isp.com. It would not work until I configure my Linux box as DNS
- client to the ISP nameserver even though I have it in my local /etc/hosts
- file already. Am I doing it right?
- Can we use IP instead of hostname?  like this:
- DJ203.127.100.4

First, smart host is 'DS'.  IIRC (I use postfix now) 'DJ' is the fully
qualified domain name of the local machine.  Also check 'O
ResolverOptions='.  If is set to +AAONLY (?) then sendmail will
require an authoritative answer from a DNS server.

--
--Stephen Carville
http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt