Re: RES: Installing oracle 8.1.7 in RH 7.1 - error!!!!

Am 2001.07.03 00:09 schrieb(en) Chris Kloiber:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Stephan André Schmidt wrote:
>

> > Am 2001.07.02 23:01 schrieb(en) Cristiano Sepe:
> > > 	I am using " java 1.1.8 " that comes with the installation
> CD!
> > >
> > > Cristiano.
> >
> > There is a really good site on installing different versions of Oracle
> 8.x
> > on several versions of Red Hat located at
> >
> > http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/
> >
> > Unfortunately, this site will not be updated anymore but there is a
> > description of installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Red Hat 6.2 and 7.0. As the
> > author describes (and this is also my experience) installing Oracle on
> RH
> > 7.0 is a mess. (May be it would not be sufficient for a 'production
> > environment'.) I cannot say anything to installing Oracle on RH 7.1 as
> > was staying with RH 6.2 concerning any Oracle installation. If you will
> not
> > succeed in installing Oracle 8.1.7 on RH 7.1 I would recommend you to
> do a
> > 'downgrade' to 6.2 which is still well supported. If your choice goes
> > Red Hat 6.2 remember that there are _many_  official updates for this
> > release which can be downloaded from the ftp site.
> >
> > Bye,
> >
> > Stephan
>
> Read the RELEASE-NOTES that come on the 7.1 CD for some Java/Oracle
> hints.

I have read them before posting any 'hints'. I would assume that Cristiano
Sepe has also read the RELASE-NOTES because he has done the (two) steps
described there. The two steps which are described there are:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5; . /usr/1386-glibc21-linux/bin/1386-glibc21-linux-env.sh

If there are any other recommended steps (i.e. mentioned in some updated
RELEASE-NOTES) I am sorry but I do not know any other 'tricks'. If there is
someone on this list who has successfully installed Oracle 8.1.7i on Red
Hat 7.1 I would really like to know the necessary steps.

Stephan