Re: 100% repeatable: starting X kills pppd

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 06:30:24AM -0400, Ben Logan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm running stock RH 7.1, and am having a problem with X killing pppd.
> If I connect to my ISP and then a user starts X, pppd dies with a
> SIGHUP.  I've run strace on both pppd and X, but didn't gain any
> understanding from either trace.  I didn't have the problem in 7.0.
> Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know why X kills pppd but I know how to avoid your
problem. Run your machine in X at run level 5. Login using gdm
and then connect to your ISP. I don't underatnad why anyone would
run there machines at run level 3.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University