Re: 100% repeatable: starting X kills pppd

Am 2001.07.04 12:30 schrieb(en) Ben Logan:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm running stock RH 7.1, and am having a problem with X killing pppd.
> If I connect to my ISP and then a user starts X, pppd dies with a
> SIGHUP.  I've run strace on both pppd and X, but didn't gain any
> understanding from either trace.  I didn't have the problem in 7.0.
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Logan

How do you connect to your ISP? Have you wrote your own scripts or do you
use the (graphical) dialup utilities which come with RH? Do you have any
error messages in your /var/log/messages when pppd dies?

Stephan
--
Stephan André Schmidt
stephanandre schmidt uni-bielefeld de