Re: More Nvidia Problems

On Monday 09 July 2001 07:06 pm, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Walker Traylor wrote:
> > Guys,
> >   I saw the previous thread about the Nvidia problems, but I'm
> > still getting errors.  I downloaded the lastet
> > NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251.src.rpm, I did a --rebuild, then a -Uhv to
> > install it.  I get lots of unresolved symbols with the depmod part
> > of the script.  Here's my output:
>
> I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I don't get
> these errors with my system. The only thing I can think of that I am
> doing differently (and it should not make a differnce) is to
> --rebuild with the following command:
>
> # rpm --rebuild NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-1251.rpm --target=i686

The only other thing that I can think of is that perhaps he has the
wrong kernel-headers package installed. I installed the kernel, and
upgraded the headers and source. I saw no errors when rebuilding and
installing the new NVdriver.
After rebuilding and installing the driver, I shut down and booted the
new kernel. X started using the new driver without error.

-D