Re: heat sensors

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Mike Chambers wrote:

> When does someone need to worry the heat of their CPU and using the sensors
> and stuff?  I take it pretty much anything above 1 GHZ starts to need added
> attention and anything below that should run fine as is except if in a very
> hot place?

It depends on how the system is being used, how well ventilated the
case is, and how warm the room is that the system is in.  If you run
somehting like the Distributed Net client, your CPU will run MUCH hotter
then if you are running a WEB server, or most workstations.  Also, some
CPUs run hotter then others.  (Compare a K6-2 233 to a K6-2 266 some
time.  Most 233's run much hotter.)

Mikkel