Re: heat sensors

> When does someone need to worry the heat of their CPU and using the
sensors
> and stuff?  I take it pretty much anything above 1 GHZ starts to need
added
> attention and anything below that should run fine as is except if in a
very
> hot place?

I can only speak for myself, but here's the reasons that makes me look into
heating problems:
1) If you experience hang/corruption/crash problems at all with Linux
2) If you experience hang/corruption/crash problems more than once an hour
with Windoze ;-)
3) If the case or exhaust air feels hotter than usual
4) If the computer is beeping constantly :o)

Problems with overheating isn't limited to 1GHz and above, even a 486DX2/66
can overheat if the heatsink is loose or the fan ball-bearings are worn out.
(But once the problem appears, it's usually worse with higher freq's
ofcourse)

Andreas Lund (floyd atc no)
-- Tel: +47 90.07.71.62 / +47 63.88.33.56
Ano-Tech Computers (http://www.atc.no/)
** Free tech support; If you can read this, your email appears to be OK **