Re: Printer config w/o graphics?

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:40:30AM -0400, Crutcher Dunnavant wrote:
> ++ 11/07/01 20:06 -0400 - Chuck Moss:
> > On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 07:29:33PM -0400, Crutcher Dunnavant wrote:
> > > ++ 24/06/01 09:21 -0700 - Steve Snyder:

> > > I just wrote one. It will be in the next version. It is NOT stable yet.
> >
> > Will this have the ability to add/configure a printer entirely on one
> > command line?
> > This would help greatly with kickstart installs etc.
> >
> > Chuck Moss
> >
> Give them an inch, and they want a mile. No, it does not do command-line
> configuration at the moment. It is newt based (the text widgets the
> installer uses) and it is ugly. However, I will add command-line mode to
> my list of future features. Who knows, I may get to it one day :)

Not only that, I am sure that the first time I run your new future version
of your cli printer config tool I will come up with new requirements. ;-)
At least that is the way it has worked for almost every software project I
have worked on myself.......

Put me on the beta test list as well....
Where should we look for the tool when you are ready to have other eyes
look at it?  Will it be in rawhide? announced on this list?

Chuck Moss